When Mr. Pope told Mr. Lamborn and his chief of staff about his concerns, the lawsuit said, they dismissed them and eventually terminated him from his job as a defense and business adviser in December. From the start of the pandemic, Mr. Pope said, the message from Mr. Lamborn and Mr. Lamborn’s wife to the staff about the dangers of the virus had been clear.
“Both claimed that COVID was a hoax and asserted that the pandemic was being used to alter the course of the congressional and presidential elections,” the lawsuit said.
Cassandra Sebastian, a spokeswoman for Mr. Lamborn, 66, who was first elected to the House in 2006, denied the allegations in an email statement on Thursday.
“The workplace safety allegations made by Mr. Pope are unsubstantiated and did not result in the termination of his employment,” Ms. Sebastian said. “Congressman Lamborn looks forward to full vindication as all facts come to light.”
In addition to accusing Mr. Lamborn of flouting safety protocols, Mr. Pope leveled a number of other allegations of impropriety by his former boss. One in particular was that Mr. Lamborn had provided his son, whose name was not mentioned, access to a basement storage area in the U.S. Capitol as a place to live for several weeks when the son moved to Washington for work.
Article source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/us/politics/doug-lamborn-aide-lawsuit-coronavirus.html